Self Powered Saftey Products Ltd (Firefly Markers) is committed to the safety and security of your personal information and data. When you provide personal information to us, we are legally obligated to use it in line with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and all other relevant data privacy laws. This privacy notice is to inform our customers how we and the companies we use process and look after your personal data. The data we collect is limited to information you provide to our service (delivery, contact etc). We will always give you a choice in relation to how you prefer to be contacted by us, and you have a clear and simple option to withdraw your consent at any time.
It is important that you read this policy, together with any updates we may make on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Our core beliefs regarding your privacy and data protection:
- The customers within our data are covered by our duty of care.
- We use and protect your data in line with the 2018 General Data Protection Regulation.
- We dislike spam as much as you do!
- We will never make your personal information public, whether by selling or otherwise making available.
Along with our computer systems and business processes, our website (www.fireflymarkers.co.uk) has been designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
· EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
· EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
· UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
Our website’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are rigorous in nature, means that our website is more than likely to be compliant with the user privacy legislation and data protection set out by many other countries. If you are not sure about whether our site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact our Data Protection Officer for further information. Details can be found below.
Who we are:
Self Powered Safety Products Ltd. Company number 5605813. Our registered address is 907 Yeovil Road Slough Trading Estate Slough SL1 4JG
How to contact us:
Telephone our head office: 01753 554 241
Send us an email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Writing to us at our registered office: As above
We will comply with data protection law when it comes to the processing of your data. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
1) Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
2) Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
3) Relevant to the purposes we have told you about, and limited to those purposes.
4) Accurate and kept up to date.
5) Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
6) Kept securely.
The categories of information we collect and hold about you:
We may collect, store and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal contact details, such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses.
- Bank account details.
How your personal information is collected:
We collect personal information about our customers either through our online checkout system, over the telephone, or through a contact form.
Why we collect your personal data and our lawful basis for doing so:
If you make payments online or amendments to your account, we will also retain the password and username you select when you create an account. In this instance, we may use your email address for such purposes as to send a password reminder or notification of service change or outage. Your personal information may be retained on our systems for historical, statistical or research purposes.
Consent to use your details to contact you will never be implied, we will always directly ask for your permission to do this.
Payments made over the phone, in person and via our website are processed securely, and in a manner that is compliant with the current regulation.
Personal data will be collected only if you allow us to. Our customers are always given the clear choice to opt in with regards to the collection of personal data. Any data that we collect is used solely by Self Powered Saftey Products Ltd. Data is only collected for the purpose of serving our customers and contacting them in relation or the request for information they have made. Personal data is only processed for the purpose that it was originally collected.
To allow Self Powered Saftey Products Ltd to perform better, we will use the details of your enquiry to judge where our customers heard about us, and how they prefer to contact us. Your personal data is kept anonymous in this instance.
Third party data processors:
. Any third party processor that we do use is compliant with the GDPR, and has a trusted relationship withSelf Powered Saftey Products Ltd.
Contact forms and email links:
Should our customers choose to get in touch using the enquiry form on our website, none of the data that is supplied will be stored by our website. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by Transport Layer Security (TLS), meaning that the email content is encrypted before being sent across the internet. The email content is decrypted by our local computers and devices. Personally identifiable Information collected may include your name, email address and contact phone number. We may use your email address or phone number to contact you in response to your enquiry. This phone call will be made only to discuss the unit size and offer (if applicable) that you have requested more information for.
This is how Self Powered Saftey Products Ltd will use your data:
We may check the personal information you give us against the records of several sources to confirm your identity.
Self Powered Saftey Products Ltd will not share your information for marketing purposes with any other company.
Below are some examples of the purposes for which we collect your data:
- To confirm your identity, for the purpose of fraud prevention, counter terrorism and customer safety.
- For statistical analysis.
How we use particularly sensitive information:
Self Powered Saftey Products Ltd do not collect any information that could be deemed sensitive.
Personal information about other individuals:
If you give us information on behalf of someone else as an authorised user or emergency contact, you confirm that the other person has agreed that you can:
- give consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data; and
- receive on their behalf any data protection notices.
The data collected is limited to name, contact phone number and email address.
When will we contact any other person about you?
If you provide Self Powered Saftey Products Ltd with details of an authorised user, we may contact that person to discuss and share the details of your account with that person and deal with that person in relation to your account as if that person was you. We may particularly want to do this if we are unable to get in touch with you for any reason. If you change your mind, you can email or write to us and have this person taken off your account as an authorised user. In the case of an emergency contact, we may contact them only if we are unable to get in touch with you for any reason. No personal information or details of your account will be revealed in this instance.
Change of Purpose:
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
How long we retain your data:
Self Powered Saftey Products Ltd retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide our services, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations and resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. Actual periods of retention can vary significantly for different types of data, given the circumstances. If you have only enquired with us, your personal data will be retained for a period of no longer than 6 months.
How Self Powered Saftey Products Ltd? protects your information:
Because the data we hold about you is your data, you have the following rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you:
1) Right to be Informed – Your right to be informed is carried out through this notice.
2) Right to Access – This means that you can ask us for a copy of all personal data we hold about you. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. There will not be a charge for this request, unless requests are deemed excessive in nature.
4) Right to be Forgotten – This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Please note that where we are obliged to keep your personal data because of a regulatory or legal requirement, we will not be able to delete the data and must continue to retain it.
5) Right to Restrict Processing – In some limited circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your data.
6) Right of Objection – You have the right to object to us using your data for direct marketing purposes and to profiling.
7) Right of Data Portability – You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you in a commonly used and machine readable format. We can provide your data either to you or to a third party as you specify in your request.